Thursday, April 18, 2013

One Day Without Shoes #1...

"Challenge your path to growth. Try something New."
 
In approximately 32 weeks, I will be turning 45! I decided that I will try 45 new things from now until November 25th. One Day Without Shoes is New Thing #1.

My daughter and I participated in the TOMS event "One Day Without Shoes." I'm sure you all are aware that TOMS shoes gives a pair of shoes to a child in need every time you purchase a pair of TOMS. Buy One Give One. I don't own a pair...yet, but I love TOMS!

 A local store, Altar'd State, held a One Day Without Shoes walk. Participants of the walk had to walk the route in their bare feet. It's a way to bring global awareness about children's health and education issues. It was very humbling and the walk showed us how fortunate we are. Although it wasn't a huge turnout, the event organizers did a great job. Prizes such as TOMS sunglasses, TOMS shoes, and TOMS tee shirts were given out at the end of the walk. My daughter won a book by TOMS founder, Blake Mycoskie. Check out our pics from the event.





Cute foot tattoo

Blake, her TOMS, and the book she won. I can't wait to read it!

Everyone who won a prize.
Walk participants

One Day Without Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment