Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hiking...

Greensboro has quite a few hiking trails. My girlfriend Kim and I decided to check one out today. We went on a 4 mile hike on the Laurel Bluff trail. Laurel Bluff is a 3.5 mile trail (7 miles both ways). It was beautiful, but tough. It was hot this afternoon so we decided to turn around at the 2 mile marker.
We used her husband's golf clubs as our walking sticks. Thanks Ed! lol! Kim also had a can of mace. Luckily, we didn't run into any animals or weird people along the way. A few things I need to remember for our next hike:

1.Bring my water. I left it in the car.
2. Wear a hat. Oops.
3. Identify poison ivy. Kim fussed at me. Told me as a former girl scout, I should know what poison ivy looks like.

I take my camera just about everywhere. Thought I would share some pictures.

DSC01304

At the beginning.

DSC01308

There were a lot of cute and sturdy bridges such as this one along the trail.

DSC01307

Looking ahead.

DSC01305

Most of the trail was along the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment