Monday, January 9, 2017

13 Books I Read In 2016...

Happy New Year All! How are those resolutions going? I've accomplished one of my 2016 goals and that was to read 1 book a month. It may not be a lot to some, but I'm a slow reader and I'm easily distracted. Last year, I read 13 books! Some were for book club and others for enjoyment. This year my goal is to read 24 books. Check out the books I read.



Books


 1//  Charcoal Joe by Walter Mosley { Easy Rawlings is back with his sidekick Mouse}
 2//  The Woman in Cabin 10  by Ruth Ware { Suspenseful, not as good as Girl on the Train }
 3//  The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena { Quick read, get it from your local library }
 4//  Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead { Book club book, great discussion }
 5//  The Girls by Emma Cline { Summer read, loosely based on Charles Manson, recommend }
 6//  The Girl You Lost by Kathryn Croft { Quick read, predictable }
 7//  Forty Acres by Dwayne Alexander Smith { Book club book, loved it needs to be a Part 2 }
 8//  Dead Wake by Erik Larson { Great for History buffs, I loved his novel Devil In the White City }
 9//  Men of Brewster Place by Gloria Naylor { Book club book, first time reading this gem }
10// Forbidden by Beverly Jenkins { Book club book }
11// Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi { Favorite book I read in 2016!! Highly recommend }
12// Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim { Book club book, Author will Skype for book club meetings }
13// Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche { Started in 2104, finished in 2016, Recommend }


There are so many books I want to read this year. A few are:

Swing Time by Zadie Smith
Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
Mourning Calm by Frances Frost. Buy her book here 
Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
You are a Badass by Jen Sincero

If there are any books you recommend that aren't listed, do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment