Friday, September 11, 2015

Lace-Up Pointed Toe Ballet Flats DIY...

Hey All!

 I love shoes. Sandals, boots, sneakers, ballet flats, loafers, pumps, I love them all. Earlier this summer I spotted a pair of lace-up pointed toe ballet flats on Instagram. After further investigation, I discovered they were these, Aquazzura Christy Lace-up flats that retail for $675. I don't care how hard I hustle, I'm not paying $700 for a pair of trendy flats. Moving forward months later and to my surprise one of my fave bloggers, Carrie Bradshaw Lied, did a fabulous lace-up ballet flats DIY blog post. Check it out here.  I just had to try it. Check out my results below.



Materials Needed:
ballet flats
drawing pencil
leather hole puncher
scissors
satin cord 1.5mm (same color as shoes)

Take drawing pencil and mark when you want to make holes for your laces. I made 4, one in front, 2 on sides and 1 in the back. Add 2 more holes to the sides if you want it really lacy. 

Using leather hole puncher, select the right size for your punch. Make sure the hole is big enough for your cord to go through. Squeeze the handles and punch.

Cut about 5 feet of cord for each shoe. Start at the front double the cord and loop through tying a knot. Next, separate the cord and go through side holes from inside of the shoe. Lastly, pull both ends of cord through back hole. 


Wrap around your ankles and tie in the front or back. Snip off excess cord. Total cost $35. 


Cost breakdown:

Shoes - Target $25
Leather Hole Puncher - Michael's $10  50% coupon $5
Satin Cord 2mm - Michael's $4

Way better than $675.


No comments:

Post a Comment