School is almost out for my teens which will be my official kickoff to summer. So what are you going to do with the kids this summer? Mine rather be with their friends instead of with boring mom. There are some things I want to do over the summer, so I made a bucket list. I'm terrible with lists. I make a to do list everyday and I'm lucky if I cross off 2 items that are on my list. But I made a bucket list anyway.
1. Go to an outdoor concert. The picture above is when Lydia and I sat outside at Wine Styles and listened to this colorful girl sing and play her keyboard. Love her tip jar!
2. Read my 4 summer reading books plus the 2 books that have been in my Nook library for a long time.
3. Go to the Asheboro Zoo.
4. Go for a hike.
5. Go bike riding with my family. My husband pumped air in my tires so my Schwinn is ready to go!
6. Buy a picnic basket.
7. Take the picnic basket on a picnic.
8. Play a game of corn hole. It's a Southern thing y'all! We called it toss across back in the day.
9. Perfect a pitcher of sangria.
10. Go fishing
11. Run a 5K
12. Take tennis lessons.
13. Invite friends over for drinks and tapas on my patio.
14. Buy a fire pit
15. Make a killer cheese, olives, and cracker platter.
16. Go to an outdoor movie.
17. Eat a snowball with marshmallow.
18. Visit the North Carolina Museum of Art in Raleigh
19. Stop by a Farmer's Market stand on the way back from the beach.
20. Kayak with my husband. This time try not to panic when our kayak faces the opposite of the group.
21. Do a DIY project with my daughter that involves tie dye, rhinestones, or fabric paint.
22. Take the dog to the dog park. She needs a new friend.
23. Make a halo/crown out of flowers, twigs and twine. Wear it and pretend I'm a flowerchild and have my teenagers call me weird.
24. Finally buy a copy of Uptown Saturday Night and laugh like it's my first time watching it.
What's on your summer bucket list? I will be checking in with you guys as I check things off of my list.
The idea from this post came from How Sweet Eats.