Friday, March 7, 2014

Whole Foods Challenge...

Hey Folks! Last week I purchased a Whole Foods Groupon.  Pay $5 and  get a $10 Digital Whole Foods gift card. I love Whole Foods, so I hopped on it thinking "oh great I can get 2 avocados and a grape for $10!" Ha!

 I put myself on a challenge. I will only spend the amount of the Groupon.  I want to see how much I can buy for $10 at Whole Foods. Take a look at what I purchased. My total amount was $10.51.


1. 4 Bananas - more than 4 and they will rot in my house. I'm the only one who eats them.
2. Pretzels - I discovered these organic pretzels while I was on the Daniel Fast. They don't contain yeast.
3. Quinoa - love this with black beans
4. 1 bunch of kale - Lacinato kale a.k.a. Dinosaur kale. I am on a serious kale kick. Check out the salad I make with it below.
5. 1 large lemon - Lemons are a staple for me. I use it to make my dressing, add to my water, etc.
6. Celestial Herbal Tea - I rather have tea than coffee. My favorite brand is Tazo. However, buying Tazo would have put me over my budget.

Grand total: $10.51. What would you get at Whole Foods for $10?



This is the kale salad I make using dinosaur kale. It's so yummy! My sister in law turned me onto kale salad several months ago. Never thought I would eat raw kale! It's super easy to make. Combine extra virgin olive oil, juice from 1 lemon, red pepper flakes, and  1 clove of garlic minced. Pour over kale and toss. Top with Parmesan cheese. Let the kale rest so the dressing has a chance to marinate. I make my salad the night before, refrigerate it, and have it for lunch the next day. It's so good! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment