Thursday, May 9, 2013

From Audrey to Punk...

I love it when a DIY project turns out exactly the way you want. Today I punked up my pearl necklace using gold safety pins to look like a Tom Binns statement piece. I got the idea from one of my favorite blogger, HonestlyWTF. It was really easy and fun.

All you need is a pearl necklace and gold safety pins (about 100-125). I used size 7/8 inch. Place a safety pin or two between each pearl. Then go back and connect 4-5 vertical pins with a horizontal one. Now you have a punk pearl necklace. Have a stuffy board meeting you need to attend, no worries just take the pins off and you are back to looking like Audrey.  Below are a few pics of my necklace. Oh, and if you don't want to DIY, you can always shell out a cool $1400 for an original Tom Binns necklace.




DIY Pearl & Safety Pin Necklace. Tom Binns inspired. #pearls #DIY #necklace #punk #TomBinns #safetypins #HonestlyWTF

No comments:

Post a Comment