Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It's Fall Y'all...

Look at the above picture. Now close your eyes. Can you smell the wood burning> Can you hear the crackle? Ah. The sounds and sights of Fall. My favorite season for many reasons. I got married in the Fall, my birthday is in the Fall, my favorite colors are red, orange, and yellow. There are lots of things you can do in the Fall. Below is a list of suggestions.

1. Go to a Bonfire. They are a big deal at the local high schools here in Greensboro. I love the smell of wood burning.

2. Get a Cinderella pumpkin. I saw some great Cinderella pumpkins at Whole Foods yesterday. My friend, Q, has a recipe for Cinderella pumpkin dumplings. Sounds amazing!

3. Go to a football game. I love football! But if you aren't a fan, go for the stadium food or the tailgating!

4. Make something where the main ingredient is butternut squash. Get your Top Chef on!

5. Write a handwritten letter to a friend, relative, soldier just to say Thank you or I'm Thankful for you.

6. Try a Candy Corn Oreo. I haven't found them, but I'm still looking.

7. Run or Walk a 5k for something you are passionate about. I'm running power walking a 5K for Breast Cancer Research on October 6th with my daughter and sister in law.

8. Volunteer.  Your local schools, shelters, clinics, and campaign headquarters need your assistance.

9. Host a Girls Night In. Try starting a movie club, less pressure than a book club. Sick of your wardrobe, have a swap party. Or just invite the girls over for drinks, munchies, lots of laughter, and girl talk.

10. Take a evening stroll with your partner, spouse, main squeeze, snuggle bunny. Wear a chunky sweater, comfy but cute shoes and take a evening walk. Talk about something besides politics and your kids. Stop and grab some hot chocolate.

What are some of the things you want to do this Fall?  I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment