Featured Artisan: Charm & Jewels
This month's featured artisan is Crystal Carlton of Charm & Jewels. She makes the sweetest charm bracelets! I heart the bracelet shown above! Surprise, Surprise, right! ;) A note to my Sorors: This bracelet is for sale on Crystal's etsy site! http://www.charmandjewels.etsy.com/
It's too late for you to get b4 the Notable North Atlantic Regionals, but it will be too cute on your wrist this summer! See the mini interview below to learn more about Crystal!
1. How did you get started making jewelry? Designing jewelry really began with My Little Inspiration", Taya. I was working 4 days a week, 16 hours a day in the salon, and while on maternity leave I began making jewelry because I wanted to stay home with her, and that's why I started Charm and Jewels!
2. What materials do you like to incorporate in your designs? The materials I like to use most are the handmade lampwork beads and Swarovski crystals. I enjoy the lampwork beads so much because they can just about be designed however you desire, therefore I am able to create true one of a kind pieces!
3. Do you do this full-time? Unfortunately I am not able to do this full-time, but I am working on that!
4. How do you market your business? I market my business several ways, my designs are featured in several salons in the Akron area, including mine. I also have designs in several stores in the area as well. I've also experienced short term leasing in several area malls. And of course my etsy shops... including, Etsy Artists of Color, We Love Etsy, Etsy.com, Indie Public, and Art Fire. I also have an online store http://www.charmandjewels.com/ And lastly, I regularly donate to charities and auctions for even more exposure.
5. What are your future plans for your business? My future plans include growing my business and finding as many outlets as I can, until Charm and Jewels is my full-time business!!!