I have decided to feature "Guest Artisans" once or twice a month who I think make "Hip Jewels." My first guest artisan is Delilah Pearl. Don't you just love her name?! It's sounds like a movie star. She lives in Philly. She is also a Soror of mine (Alpha Kappa Alpha) so please show her some love! Delilah Pearl... (Applaud)
1. How did you get started making jewelry? How long have you been a jewelry designer?I started making jewelry when I was around 5 or 6 years old. My grandmom Gloria would watch me during summer vacation and we would spend our time going through her jewelry box. She would give me the broken and mismatched pieces and ask me to create a new piece of jewelry for her. I started working with beads when I was in middle school and this is something that I have continued off and on ever since.
2. Do you do this full-time? Yes. I am a stay at home mom to an 8 month old baby boy and I design, make and run my jewelry business full-time. I am a little busy!
3. What materials do you like to use in your designs? I like to use colorful gemstone beads. My favorite is turquoise and coral. I like to use vermeil, I think the color is beautiful! I also like to use brass and lead free pewter that is made in the U.S. If it is bright and ornate, I like it!
4. Where can we buy your jewelry? Currently, my jewelry can be purchased through Etsy (http://gloriasjewelrybox.etsy.com/). I am working on getting my work into a few area boutiques. I also do jewelry shows and parties.
5. What are your future goals for your business? I would love to expand my buisness and began selling my jewelry on a larger scale. I have big dreams for this business!